Old September 16th 03, 03:21 AM
Mike Kruger

Default Which frame is built better, new or 20 year old Trek 520?

"Michael" wrote in message
... I am looking at upgrading the drivetrain on my old bike or getting a
new bike, if I get a new bike, it will be a Trek 520.

I am looking at spending a few hundred dollars to do the upgrades that I
want verses the $1,000 or so for a new bike. I really don't see the need
for a new bike, other than some upgrades, the frame is fine and I just

want
to get some of the components out of the 80's and into the modern world.

If it's a large 25 inch frame, I definitely think you should just buy a new
bike and sell the old one.
Let me know when you decide to do this.