Old September 18th 03, 01:02 AM
M. Barbee

Default What's the heaviest wind you will ride in?

Just a question that came to mind with the hurricane through my area
tomorrow. Fortunately, I'm off work, but I wouldn't try riding to work
tomorrow even if we were open, because winds are forecasted to be 35-40 mph
by quitting time. I rode through some fairly windy days last winter. On a
couple of days, I was not even comfortable enough to ride across one
particular bridge with the high gusts. I didn't check the wind speeds for
that day, but I do know we had some wind gusts in the 25-30 mph range some
days last winter. So what is the heaviest wind that you feel
comfortable/safe riding in? And by comfort, I mean able to keep control, as
opposed to how much work you have to do if you're riding into it.