Old February 2nd 05, 04:43 AM
Ride-A-Lot

G.T. wrote:
"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message

After waiting for my luggage to arrive a day late, I was finally able to
get a ride in on the new SS. I was concerned about the climbs at
Mission Canyon, so I opted for Florida Canyon. This was about three
miles up from the hotel and comprises two sides of a canyon with I-5 in
the middle.

On the way up there are nice parks, museums, and the world famous San
Diego Zoo. With all the recent rain they've had here (did I mention it
was 74F and sunny today) the canyon was in full bloom.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0036.jpg

A little further up and the first trailhead appears.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0038.jpg

The trail was a little on the wide side, but still a blast going down.
The ruts gave it a bit of technical charm that would have been severely
lacking.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0039.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0040.jpg

Nice view of the canyon and the trails on the other side.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0041.jpg

I did a few loops and figure eights on this side of the highway both up
and down, Out of the saddle but not off the SS!

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0042.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0043.jpg

Local flora:

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0044.jpg

There were some pretty steep climbs. This one in particular hurt pretty
bad:

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0045.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/public/imag...d/IMG_0046.jpg

And then there were the fun downhills. Which line do you think I took
on a fully rigid singlespeed?

Hopefully the stairs. Fully rigid never stopped us in the 80s.

GT

I gave it away at the end of the report. Yes, it was the stairs, but I
thought long and hard before I took the plunge.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws