Old December 18th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
DougC

Default Know Your Recumbents!

This is the part where I tell you your bicycle sucks and you should get
rid of it.

Wait,,,, no!

I'm not telling you that.
But I /have/ drawn up a quick guide to some of the major types of
recumbent bikes commonly available.

Lots of times I have seen riders of upright bikes brag about passing
"slow recumbents", without being aware of the widely different
performance of various types of recumbents. Some types are significantly
easier to go fast on than others are; these charts are an attempt to
explain that.

http://www.norcom2000.com/users/dcim...ide/bents.html

Note: /before/ you brag about passing "a recumbent", you might want to
make sure it is one of the faster types.
~