Old October 30th 12, 06:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default too-long spokes

On Oct 30, 11:26*am, Robert Cooper
wrote:
Just built a wheel, and although it’s not fully tensioned yet, it’s a good guess that the drive-side spokes are too long by one mm.

I can feel the spokes under two layers of rim tape (Velox Fond de Jante).

Two-inch tires will be mounted and run at about forty psi.

Is it worth the effort to unlace the wheel and start over?

Any advice appreciated,

Bob

I agree with the advice to carefully grind (or file) them shorter.
One millimeter isn't much, and I've done that successfully.

- Frank Krygowski