Old November 6th 12, 05:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom $herman (-_-)

Default Pedals for Spinning Class and Road Riding

On 11/5/2012 7:15 AM, Henry Stockbridge wrote:
Hi,

I was told by my local bike store that the SPD cleats used in spinning classes at the health club are compatible with mountain bike pedals only. If this is true, then I would have to a) change my cleats every time I want to use my road bike (outside or on my wind trainer), or b) ask the health club if I can remove the spinning bike pedals with my own. Option A is a hassle. Option B is easy, but I hear a liability lecture coming on.

Is there an SPD pedal on the market that could accommodate my road riding and spinning class at the same time?

Thanks,

Henry

Unless you are road racing/time trialing, there is no point in wearing
"road cleats" and shoes. SPD mountain bike cleats and pedals are fine
for road riding - if you feel pressure points on the soles of your feet,
get shoes (e.g. SiDi Dominator) with stiffer soles.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!