Old November 7th 12, 04:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default helmet

On Oct 27, 11:39*am, Dan O wrote:
On Oct 27, 12:18 pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:

On Oct 27, 2:50 pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

*But modern helmets are pretty svelt, and they do
prevent nasty scalp injuries, and no matter what anyone says, nasty
scalp injuries are not uncommon for people who ride competitively or
frequently or in reduced-traction environments, viz., what I will be
riding in for the next six months.

Do you think there's a way we could get helmet promoters to restrict
their efforts to those who will be riding competitively, or in reduced-
traction environments?

... or at least *emphasize* that sort of thing.

That would be a great improvement over the current "NEVER ride your
bike without a helmet" schtick.

Yep.

Hey, you want to help make things better? *I hear Ohio is *the*
pivotal battleground for election of the next POTUS. *I know we can
count on you to help make it happen. *(Pull it off and you truly
*will* be our hero.)

You did it!

"Democracy... can be noisy and messy and complicated. We have our own
opinions. Each of us has deeply held beliefs. ... stirs passions,
stirs up controversy."

"But despite all our differences, most of us share certain hopes... "