Old August 17th 08, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

Default Cyclist in accident drives off

Phil W Lee wrote:
nully considered Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:26:02 +0100 the
perfect time to write:

judith wrote:
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:13:11 +0100, "Clive George"
wrote:

"nully" wrote in message

Do me a favour, Marc. Please cycle into *my* dog and ride off. Or rather,
attempt to.
Nice - that's more than once you've threatened violence against members of
this NG.

That is completely unacceptable.

And your views on Marc's post:

"With even more luck the turd dispenser got lost forever, died and
the owner got put off buying another one."

You're wasting your time. As someone (you?) previously said "there's
none so blind as those that will not see". My dog is a fully paid-up
member of my family. Someone injures it, and attempts to leg it from the
scene, that person gonna have to go *through* me first. I challenge the
nutters here to find *any* 'decent' dog owner with a different mindset.

I look forward to the news reports from lincoln - after all, you've
already admitted to it having a liking for human flesh, which is more
than enough for it to be destroyed under the dangerous dogs act.

Errr not quite right.

A dog needs to be one of a number of limited defined "breeds" to be a
"dangerous dog" What does worry me is a same person thinking that an
animal is part of the family. I was brought up with working dogs, they
slept in the shed , were transported in the boot of the car, were
trained, used as a tool. I can't understand the concept of a dog as a
pet, ****ting on other peoples (or communal) land , fed off a plate ,
cuddled, thought of as a surrogate child etc...

A dog is a tool , much like a knife, there is a use for a knife in the
woods, not much on a urban street, there is a use for a dog in the
fields/woods, none whatsoever in an urban area.

This started with some dog owner complaining that her little
doogiewoogie was scared by a cyclist in a "field" in Llandaff. What she
failed to mention was that this "field" was a recreation area, full of
football and rugby fields.
Now can anyone tell me why there should be a reason for a doggiewoggie
to be in an area where people will be grubbing around in the grass at
dog**** level?

No doubt some doggiewoggie lover will come along and say that they
"always" pick up after their animal, but how much do they pick up, is it
enough so that there is no trace whatsoever, so that when the next
doggiewoggie comes along, not on a lead, not controlled, with an owner
who doesn't give a **** there isn't the slightest trace to convince that
dog ( the more common one) that it hasn't found a midden?
I doubt it, but I'm sure that some doggiewoggie owner will try to
convince themselves that it is so, there is no arguing with people who
think that animals are "family"