Old October 30th 17, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Michelin Power Endurance Tires

On 2017-10-30 12:14, Doug Landau wrote:

[...]

and then appeared alarmed at my response, and said emphatically
"Below 80 they can roll off in a corner!!!"

They don't. Also, ever since I switched to thick tubes it takes
6-8 weeks to drop to 75psi.

I can't remember rolling a tire off unless the pressure was reduced
to near nothing by a flat. I'm sure that you could roll a tubular off
at lower pressures so that might be where that myth came from.

I only know it from mountain bikers running low pressures on tubeless
tires ... PSHOOOF ... sometimes a wee bit of air remained, sometimes it
was all gone or the tire came off.

Of course, the real die-hards will not be fazed by a tire coming off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUoCSzVmhhQ

I have only done that slowly and as straight as possible. When a side
wall blows out the tube and tire are hosed anyhow so I continue riding
on the flat as long as possible. Pretty much until the tire is about to
wear through where the rim could contact the soil or pavement. Any mile
not walked is time saved for the trip home.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/