Old April 30th 07, 03:34 AM posted to aus.bicycle
rooman[_95_]

Default Cities peddle parking for bicycles

and I do like the bike tree, its got presence, and surely has some
viability for a few of the car park stations to add to their facillity,
$2-5 bucks a day perhaps compared to $40 plus a day for a guzzler at
WilsonsPstations

MCC could add a few down by Southbank or near the Library and Cinemas,
one at Flinders St Stn wouldnt go astray.

http://www.biketree.com/

lots of good stuff at MassBUG :
http://www.massbug.org.au/cgi-bin/tw...UG/BikeParking

and this neat little one for smaller places ( especially wet ones)
CYCLEPODS
– SLEEK NEW DESIGN FOR BIKE STORAGE USING RECYCLED ALUMINIUM (\"HTTP://WWW.TREEHUGGER.COM/FILES/2006/01/CYCLEPODS_SLEEK.PHP\")
*by 'Petz Scholtus, Barcelona'
(http://www.treehugger.com/authors/index.php?author=Petz) on 01.14.06*

'Cars & Transportation'
(http://www.treehugger.com/cars_transportation/) ('bikes'
(http://www.treehugger.com/cars_transportation/bikes/))
[image: http://i.treehugger.com/files/PzCyclepods.jpg]We are forever
wasting time wandering around the streets looking for an appropriate
lampposts or railings to secure our bikes to. So we are very keen on
this space agey looking bike storage unit which will smarten up bike
parking all over town. 'The Cyclepod' (http://www.cyclepods.co.uk/)
provides eight secure spaces for parking your bike, the bikes are
stored upright and the front wheel and frame can both be locked in
place. There is also the option of having a canopy over the pod to
protect the bikes from the weather. The very good news is that the
Cyclepod is made from 95% recycled aluminium. It has a 10-15 year
estimated life span and uses half the space of current storage units
for the equivalent number of bikes. It can also be powder coated in
whatever colour you like. The problem is of course that when everyone
has arrived home before us we will still be looking for the nearest
lamppost. Lets hope after their test runs in London and Nottingham they
become really popular and every local council orders them! Via o2

--
rooman