Old April 27th 08, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

Default It's the lycra types that give a bad name to cycling

On Apr 26, 4:03 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:36:43 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
On Apr 25, 1:02 pm, Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:19:27 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
So it is that cyclists must stay in
constant alert for predators, like the monkeys of the jungle.

Monkeys are well known for throwing **** at passers by and making lots
of noise.

Perhaps that explains some of the posts from bike riders?

Perhaps yall may now have some grasp of the thinking of a longtailed
cat, in a room full of rocking chairs?

Gunner

The monkeys --sorry the cyclists-- you are talking about are the ones
in lycra. They are much noiser than the commuter type. And don't eat
peanuts.

True indeed Most commuter types are interested in surviving to make
it home, or to work.

Its the lycra'd "purists" and endorphine addicts that are the biggest
problem. Those and the homeless drunks/druggies that have to resort
to a second hand store Huffy to make their rounds as they lost their
DLs years ago.

Hum...sometimes its hard to tell them apart, but for the clothing.

I'm in another forum (Dahon foldables) where, I assure you, their
members are civilized people.

But the Huffy type ride mostly the sidewalks and back alleys. It's the
lycra types that give a bad name to cycling.