Old May 3rd 14, 02:27 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Jeßus[_2_]

Default Bicycle license

On Fri, 2 May 2014 20:05:26 +1000, Albm&ctd
wrote:

In article om,
says...
Jeßus wrote:
On Fri, 02 May 2014 12:50:53 +1000, Jonz wrote:

About time!
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/duncan-gay...502-zr2zf.html

I'm in two minds about it myself - other than I'd love licencing to
come in for the 'bicycle Nazis' that infest our roads.

Must be a full moon 2UE has been pushing all afternoon ( and Duncan
grey) for license and fluoro jacket with a number on the back.
They wish to sound a death Knell for cycling.
The cycle use would drop dramatically,There is not a hope in hades that
I would wear a fluoro jacket with a number, I would just never ride a
bicycle again.
Same with mandated clothing for my motorcycle I would just have to cease
riding.
They have already knobbled cycle use with mandated helmets (which some
think good) but bicycle use dropped when it was introduced, if they
mandate fluoro jackets with numbers on the back only the yuppy lycra
crowd would still cycle.

If you insist on riding a pushbike on busy roads, you should have an ace of
spades on your back and a will in your pocket.

Agreed. Never mind all the exhaust fumes...