Old May 14th 15, 11:16 PM posted to aus.legal,aus.bicycle
Peter Howard[_6_]

Default Talkback one eyed lunatics.

On 14/05/2015 6:10 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2015 17:17:33 +1000, "Pelican"
wrote:

"Jeßus" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 May 2015 15:28:49 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

I do not know If any one has heard 2UE afternoon talkback, think his
name is Justin smith,on the subject of bicycle rider registration, he
seems manic on the subject and howls down anyone who has an opposite
view to his, he seems to have the opinion that it is a foregone
conclusion that we will have rider registration by the end of the year.
He seems to have Duncan Gay (roads minister)on his side.
He also has the opinion that bicycle ordinations should not be allowed
representation at the soon to be,round table group on the subject with
Duncan Gay because "they are going to say no to everything".
His idea is registration of rider not bicycle with mandated fluoro
jackets with number on the back.

We would then be the only place in the world with it.
It would almost mean the death knell for cycle riding.

You might find a lot of people celebrating if that comes to pass.
I know I certainly would be. I recently fitted cameras to all my
vehicles, specifically because of lycra wearig cyclists who think
theyre entitled to do whatever they please on country roads.

The next rider who makes me choose between hitting him/her, or another
innocent vehicle, or the roadside verge, is going to have a very bad
day.

Even if every rider was a suicidal ****wit, you should not be in a situation
of making such a choice.

I shouldn't be, as you say. The last incident that compelled me to
install cameras was extremely dangerous and almost caused a head on
collision with an oncoming car. Not only was the rider unapologetic,
he fully denied being dead centre of my lane (even though he was,
hence the cameras now)... this was on a tight bend, on a country road
with barriers/rails on the LHS and a cutting to the right (oncoming
car anyway so that wasn't an option either). That rider is very lucky
to still be here.

After 10 years living in the Sunshine Coast hinterland and now N.E Tas
- both places very popular with riders - I've lost pretty much all
tolerance for them. Too many incidents and far too consistently for my
liking.

You are quite right. You can't be expected to anticipate the possibility
of a slow moving vehicle like a tractor hauling hay, or a logging truck,
or a cyclist on a blind bend. Our brave Anzacs died for the motorists
right to drive with their heads stuck up their arse.