Old January 21st 11, 12:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danny Colyer[_2_]

Default Motor assisted?

On 20/01/2011 19:49, John Doe wrote:
TKtknospa wejuggle2.com wrote:
John Doe wrote:

Has anyone made a motor assisted unicycle?
Links would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Googling

Google sucks. Actually, I was looking for personal experience
with an ordinary unicycle converted to powered.

"Thanks, TK, for providing a suggestion for further research".

John, TK is quite right, GIYF.

Anyway, I rode an electric assist unicycle at BJC in 2007 (IIRC).
Google might find what I wrote about it at the time[1], if you search
the archives for rsu around April and May 2007. Or a better bet might
be to search the archives at http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/ - you'll
find a few threads there about motorised, electric assist and self
balancing unicycles.

TK ~ aka Terry Kimpling
I am so old I know how to play solitaire without a computer.

Are you old enough to know that Yahoo came before Google?

Yep, and then Google came along and wiped the floor with Yahoo. 15
years ago Yahoo was the best search engine around, but there was a
reason for the later verbification of Google rather than Yahoo.

[1] Briefly, the motor prevented the seat from being lowered far enough
for comfort, but I was able to ride with my legs at full stretch. I had
a hand-held throttle connected by wire to the motor. I don't remember
it being hugely different to ride to a regular unicycle, but the big
difference came when climbing, which was effortless with the electric
assist. My earlier review might reveal which motor was used, IIRC it
was a standard after-market electric bike motor.

--
Danny Colyer http://www.redpedals.co.uk
"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down. This should be every boy's