Old March 9th 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default saddle sore - advice???

Hi,
I get problems being in the saddle after about 50 miles or 3 hours or
thereabouts. "Aerobically" I feel I can do a ton but can't continue after
this perod of time - my max is 65 miles. My thoughts are that I am just not
that used to going for this period on the bike and it will get better with
time. I hope so. My position on the bike seems ok, my LBS says I look
fine. Maybe it's just the ache in the perenial hip bone area where my
weight (I'm a big 16st rider) is on that small area for a long time. When I
lose wight AND get longer rides under my belt it'll get better? My saddle
seems dead horizontal to the ground. I used to have it leaning forward a
fraction but then I had numb hands after biking.

Getting the position right is a black art !!

Do my thoughts sound reasonalble guys?

Steve