Old October 1st 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc

Default Gerber hydration pack bad taste help

I have a problem on my hands here. I bought a gerber epoch xc hydration
pack about six months ago, and love it. But in my infinate wisdom
(stupidity) i used dish soap to sanitise it after a ride and dicided to
let it soak and well i forgot about it for about.. lets say a week.
Then it had this AWFULL soap taste in it and i couldnt even drink from
it. So i tried a few things to get the taste out, these include soaking
with baking soda and water, lemon juice and water twice, real vanilla
and water, and listerine. The lemon juice took the bad taste from
horrible to withstandable but it still taste mediocre. Does anyone know
what to do here, I dont want to buy a new bladder! Thanks