Old March 24th 14, 01:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default Oh, thank you, helmet zealots!

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 13:16:49 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I just got back from my first bike ride to church. Wearing a helmet
when my hair is pinned up is impossible.

A Skid Lid would have been Gibson-compatible, and it would have
protected the parts of my head that hit the pavement when I fall off
my bike, but of course a Skid Lid is utterly useless when someone
happens to drop a wrench while one is riding under a bridge, therefore
it is far, far better that I ride with no protection at all.

Thank goodness zealots are looking out for my welfare!

Is there a mandatory helmet law where you are? We here have a
mandatory helmet law for motorcycles but bicycles are free of the
foolishness. Too many Grannies pedaling to the market every morning
for the day's groceries.
--
Cheers,

John B.