Old March 24th 14, 03:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_3_]

Default Oh, thank you, helmet zealots!

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 08:23:06 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 13:16:49 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I just got back from my first bike ride to church. Wearing a helmet
when my hair is pinned up is impossible.

A Skid Lid would have been Gibson-compatible, and it would have
protected the parts of my head that hit the pavement when I fall off
my bike, but of course a Skid Lid is utterly useless when someone
happens to drop a wrench while one is riding under a bridge, therefore
it is far, far better that I ride with no protection at all.

Thank goodness zealots are looking out for my welfare!

Is there a mandatory helmet law where you are? We here have a
mandatory helmet law for motorcycles but bicycles are free of the
foolishness. Too many Grannies pedaling to the market every morning
for the day's groceries.

As an addendum to my above, don't women normally wear a hat, or other
head covering, when they enter a church? I seem to remember that it
was the practice at one time.

--
Cheers,

John B.