Old April 5th 19, 01:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default visibility of DRL

On 2019-04-03 18:56, David Scheidt wrote:
From time to time, we have discussed the visibility of
daytime running
lights. I commute on a bike with B&M Cyo, which I leave
on all the
time, because I can't tell the difference if it's on or
off. I found
myself on google street view on my ride home last fall.
I got passed
by the car, and then passed it, and got passed again.
So I, and the
bike, are in a bunch of pictures, from the front and
behind, over
several blocks. This one gives a good view of the
headlight. It's
more visible than I'd have expected. This was about an
hour before
dark, and overcast November day.

https://goo.gl/maps/NQURJ9dps3p

Not bad, for a StVZO light. However, I went virtually
behind you in the
street view and it seems you need a better rear light.
And as a male
toddler I wouldn't want to be seen sitting in that
rose-colored baby
seat :-)

Really? https://tinyurl.com/y5v8pva3 He's more visible
than the gray Hyundai ahead of him. I would have
absolutely no problem seeing him if I were in a car or on
a bike.

For some "Danger! Danger!" people, it's not enough to be
clearly visible. They're not satisfied unless they are
absolutely the most noticeable people on the street, visible
from a mile away.

What's next? Several of these per bike, with lights fastened
to the top?

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Flags-...=fsclp_pl_dp_2

Dream big!
http://tesladownunder.com/WorldsBrightestBike.htm