Old April 5th 19, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default visibility of DRL

On 4/4/2019 8:31 PM, AMuzi wrote:

"tiny, induction powered front light prevented bicycle accidents"

I resemble that remark.

Haven't died in traffic for some 50 years of regular riding. My 6v tire
drive dynamos & SA GH6 DynoHub are a real upgrade from French Wonder leg
lights (even I have some minimal standard).

I just got back from an evening ride. On that bike, a B&M Eyc headlight
is powered by an old Union rim driven dynamo (it used to be tire
driven). I noticed once again that it lit up stop signs roughly a
quarter mile away.

If the light rays are bright enough to make it to the sign then bounce
back to my eye, they will certainly be bright enough in the eye of a
motorist who's that far away.

Andrew, what bulb are you using in the Dynohub headlamp? I've wondered
about the NL432 LED bulb from Reflectalite:
http://www.reflectalite.com/LEDpage.html#anchor78877

See the section "STURMEY ARCHER VINTAGE DYNOHUBS" down the page a bit.

--
- Frank Krygowski