Old December 11th 10, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Bicyclist Fatalities in AZ 2009

On Dec 11, 1:38*pm, "Duane Hebert" wrote:

Apparently you're either in the middle of the lane or hugging the curb.
Boolean logic. *You know, black/white, true/false no gray.

I tried mightily to get a non-Boolean answer out of several of you.
The question was: ten foot lane, 8.5 foot truck behind, where would
you ride?

It would have been quite easy to say "Roughly six feet from the curb,"
or "Four feet" or "One foot" or whatever. I don't recall getting that
from anyone.

I got lots of "It depends," or "I'd get out of there" or (from DR)
"**** you." Neither Duane nor Dan nor DR nor Robert wanted to discuss
specifics. Barry did, and the conversation was amicable.

Seems to me the Boolean logic you're using is this: Whatever I say
must be totally condemned, despite my data, citations or
corroboration. Whatever the four of you say must never be disagreed
with, whether or not you have facts to back it up.

- Frank Krygowski