Old August 6th 13, 12:45 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default bulbs to LEDs

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:41:15 +1000
Trent W. Buck wrote:
I have a Gazelle Toer Populair from about 2010, which has hub powered
lights. And I like that. I don't have to remember to swap the
batteries once a week. I don't even have to remember to turn it on,
because it has a photoresistor in it somewhere.

BUT! The front light is a bulb, not LEDs. Not a big deal, I can just
buy a new bulb. Except that on the bulbs that jaycar and bunnings
stock, the glass bit is sliiiightly too wide to fit in the housing.
(The jaycar bulb says it's "pre-focus" and I want more like
"lens-ended".)

UNless someone makes a bulb with the right fittings you might want to
just say bugger it and buy a dynamo light with LED already in it.

The dollar's just dived so it ain't as easy as it was, but look at
bike24.de and see if there's anything you can come at.

TYpe dynamo into the search engine (after clicking on the union jack
to get English).
eg
http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=... roduct=25154
or
http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=... roduct=16472

of course the shipping can be a bugger, so you could try
sjscycles.co.uk for either a halogen bulb or a new LED light and see
if it works out cheaper.

(or see if a friend wants something from bike24 and share shipping)

Zebee