Old August 7th 13, 02:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Trent W. Buck

Default bulbs to LEDs

Zebee Johnstone writes:

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 06 Aug 2013 18:41:15 +1000
Trent W. Buck wrote:
I have a Gazelle Toer Populair from about 2010, which has hub powered
lights. BUT! The front light is a bulb, not LEDs. Not a big deal,
I can just buy a new bulb. Except that on the bulbs that jaycar and
bunnings stock, the glass bit is sliiiightly too wide to fit in the
housing.

Unless someone makes a bulb with the right fittings you might want to
just say bugger it and buy a dynamo light with LED already in it.

The dollar's just dived so it ain't as easy as it was, but look at
bike24.de and see if there's anything you can come at.

TYpe dynamo into the search engine (after clicking on the union jack
to get English).
eg
http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=... roduct=25154
or
http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=... roduct=16472

Ah, that looks ideal, thanks. I think the lamp part of my current one
is also a lumotec - it looks almost identical to the pic in the first
link.

of course the shipping can be a bugger, so you could try
sjscycles.co.uk for either a halogen bulb or a new LED light and see
if it works out cheaper.

Eh, I'm happy to drop more money on a capex if it avoids the need for
ongoing ****ing about.