Old October 19th 17, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default California law about E-bike use for 70 and above?

Folks,

There was a story in the Wall Street Journal where a Californian rider
said that people 70 and older are now allowed to use E-bikes on MTB
trails. I could not find anything about it elsewhere and a LBS owner
also couldn't. Does anyone know?

It's not for me, I will stay pedal-only. However, some older folks
around here might be helped by it.

This was the story but it likely can only be read by people with a Wall
Street Journals subscription:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/instead...ike-1507374019

Quote "When teenagers tease Bruce Austin for powering up a mountain
trail on his electric mountain bike, his comeback is: "Didn't you hear
California passed a law that people 70 or older can ride an e-bike?""

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/