Old July 26th 18, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default question about climbing

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 15:30:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

a 6% climb is a killer until you have to do a 7%

Reminds me of the time I got lost on the way back from Altamont.

I was accustomed to turning onto Picard Road at the top of a
horrendous climb . . . I'd climbed a lot of hills since I'd last been
to Altamont, and didn't notice that I was going up.

Had the opposite experience when I bought a flatfoot/step-through
bike, and learned that there are slopes on Park Avenue.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

---