Old April 13th 18, 12:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default Ebikes

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 08:00:26 -0000 (UTC)
news18 wrote:
On Fri, 13 Apr 2018 07:33:41 +0000, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 06:57:41 -0000 (UTC)
news18 wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 21:55:34 +0000, Zebee Johnstone wrote:

o that means 250 if pedelec as far as I can see. Which is the same as
the guy at Sydney Electric Bikes told me, that is the throttle is
supposed to only give 200W but the pedal assist can be up to 250.

I think he was trying to pass off old stock. The law in NSW was max
200w,
but it was relatively recently increased to 250W in line with limits
else where

As all th e things quoted state, it is only 250w if pedalling. The
throttle should only allow 200W.

If you think you can do 250W on a throttle please produce the
legislation.

Lol, are you looking for laws passed by Malcolm "we can ignore the law of
mathematics" Turbull? There is no way your law is enforceable as PLOD has
no way of measuring the power applied through the pedal. Send me your
"excess 200w power ticket".

If it isn't stamped with the appropriate certificate marks, the plod
can require you to take it and get it tested, else confiscate it until
it is tested.

That is stated in one of the links provided that you didn't read.

I did say recent legislation.

And you haven't provided any. Because there isn't any. If you think
there is, then provide links to same.

Zebee