Old April 9th 15, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

Default Cyclist tosser in narrow street

"Bod" wrote in message
On 09/04/2015 16:18, Rob Morley wrote:
On Thu, 09 Apr 2015 14:57:03 GMT

On 2015-04-09, Mr Pounder wrote:
He was all over the road and it was obvious that he was
deliberately trying and succeeding in preventing me from passing
him.
Perhaps there was a reason for that. I do that sometimes when it is
not safe for a car to overtake but that all depends on the
circumstances.

I've been held up behind defective youths purposely weaving all over the
road just to antagonise drivers, this sound more like that than someone
"taking the lane", which doesn't require weaving about - if you need
to weave to stop someone passing, then there's almost certainly room
for them to pass safely if you stop arsing around.

"taking the lane" is antagonising to drivers & shouldn't be allowed.
Cyclists should know their place.

I actually agree with you on that (a first).
When I'm cycling along the narrow country roads around here, if I see or
hear car coming, I stop and pull over close to the edge of the road (no
footpaths) where necessary.

Why did you see fit to mention this?