Old June 21st 04, 04:48 PM
David Martin

Default Recumbents

On 21/6/04 4:34 pm, in article , "Just zis Guy,
you know?" wrote:

David Martin wrote:

I was just thinking about this and considering what pushing a rear
steer trolley is like. There is only one word I can think of to
desribe the thought of rear wheel steering on a fast downhill and
that is SCARY (followed by lots of road rash and a stay in hospital).

ISTR that Thrust SSC was rear-steer.

For limited values of steer, yes. To get sufficient turning circle you would
need a reasonable degree of rotation on the steered wheel. Thrust type
steering would be fine if there were no corners.

...d