Old June 22nd 04, 07:16 PM
anonymous coward

Default Recumbents

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:11:52 +0100, Dave Larrington wrote:

There /have/ been some more or less successful FWD/RWS recumbent trikes,
though.

I would love to try one.

The Sturmey-Archer Flying Five and Simon Sanderson's exquisitely
mis-named Panzer were both successful racers in the early 80's, and there
have been production machines from the Jouta brothers in The Netherlands.
However, get it wrong and it will bite - I have the scars to prove it.

If rear-steering can work, would I be able to ride a bike backwards
downhill? I've been trying (why not?!) and I might practice harder if I
knew that it was possible.

AC