Old October 22nd 17, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default California's Fires

On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 4:48:54 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/21/2017 4:55 PM, wrote:

Can you imagine what I feel like standing in line at the grocery store when a lady with two children has to pay $15 for a SMALL package of hamburger meat?

Hmm. I just checked the package of lean ground beef we bought two days
ago. 1.2 pounds, $7.66. I hope her small package was at least two pounds
of meat.

What do you suppose Frank or Jay do around these people?

Hmm. Tell her to shop at a less expensive store?

No! I am a Christian! I would give her a fishing pole - or teach her how to ranch. Or maybe tell her that boneless chicken breast is $1.99/lb on aisle 6. Beef is ridiculously over-priced, and its a hugely inefficient protein. If someone is broke, why are they buying beef in the first place?

Or I could adopt the right wing strategy: tell those out of work that
eventually, prosperity will "trickle down" to their recently-laid-off
level, if we give tax breaks to the corporate heads who make big bucks
by laying them off.

But in actual fact, I give more than the national average to charity,
and that's just the documented amount for which I have receipts. Some of
my recent donations to hurricane relief, etc. were just cash, no receipt.

I do not talk Christianity - I live it.

Interesting. I tend to resist talking about these issues with friends;
or at least limit the discussion so it doesn't dominate things.

There was a time, long long ago -- a better world when people were civil and charitable and didn't discuss their religion or wear it like a badge or swing it like a cudgel. Now its Christians versus the world -- the nut jobs slinging AR15s and taking over bird sanctuaries are the new super-Christians.
https://cretoniatimesdotcom.files.wo...2/jesusgun.jpg If Jesus comes back, I hope he sues them for ruining the brand.

-- Jay Beattie.