Old July 25th 05, 01:08 AM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m

Bruce Davis wrote:

... I broke my ankle. I was coming down a slight slope,
perhaps going a little too fast for a novice, and came
upon some wet leaves on the trail. The bike started sliding,
I braked, and it slid out from under me. When I put my left
foot down to the ground, I rolled over and onto the ground.
I ended up with my left foot pointing 90 degrees to the right.

I did essentially the same thing to my right ankle six years ago on my
M5 a half-year after I got it, even though definitely not a novice
having spent the previous eight years on my Tour Easy. My wife blamed
the bike, but I blamed myself for exceeding my limitations on a bike I
had not yet become completely familiar with. This factor of
unfamiliarity may result in more crashes on recumbents than on
diamond-frame bikes.