Old February 19th 06, 03:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Mountain Biking SBS, 19th Feb.

MikeyOz writes:

did anybody see the Mountain biking on SBS today.... they dont disengage
their brains, they just dont have one to start with, I think its always
great when Im sat down watching something like that thinking, that 15
year old girl, would absoluetely WAMP my ass! at mountain biking! dem
is crazy persons.

It looks that way from a roadie, bitumen, non-mtb perspective and I'm
having a real hard job unlearning that attitude.

The reason I think is that MTBs have so much more grip than road bikes;
what seems like an insane speed for a corner in loose conditions really
isn't, the tires on these things are amazing if you learn to trust them.

Yesterday at Lysterfield I determined that I would throw the bike over
five percent more, five percent faster and harder than I ordinarily
would and everything just hooked up! Best ride yet and I seriously
caned it through Blair Witch, felt great :-)

Lots more learning to do though, CABC is not far away. Fairly happy
I'll have the endurance but my skills need sharpening up.

oh and the Bike cross event, which ended up being won by someone
sprinting across the line carrying his bike, is that not ironic ??

Cyclocross is the name for it. It started out in Europe years ago
before mountain biking was even thought of as a way for cyclists to
pursue their sport in winter and mix in some *ugh* running. Never
really appealed to me.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,