Old February 19th 06, 02:33 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Mountain Biking SBS, 19th Feb.

Wow.
Finally a sport that makes Base jumping look sane by comparison.

Trevor_S wrote:
MikeyOz wrote in
:

snip

my bike would be fine compared to the carnage inflicted on my body.

Carnage you say ? (Broandband needed, 41MB)

http://www.kmtb.com/bbs/data/kmtb_vi...crash_e_at.wmv

Downhill and 4X riders are a sub species of their own, no doubt about it.
I look at the downhill tracks where I ride XC with incredulity every time I
ride past 'em. I also have a degree of respect for their ability (I am way
to old for that ****). I have broken and damaged body parts on XC and the
bike takes a hammering (rear hub farked on mine yesterday, bottom brackets,
chain rings, derauilers, cracked rims, exploding tyres, snapped multiple
chains.... tis hard on gear and that's only social XC )

I recorded it but have not watch it. They had excerpts on Cycling Central
over the last few weeks.