Old November 22nd 06, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
zvesda

Default LIDL cheap rechargable batteries

Ian Smith wrote:
On 15 Nov 2006 21:48:12 GMT, Ian Smith wrote:
On 9 Nov 2006 06:48:13 -0800, zvesda wrote:

which is the /current/ LIDL cheap rechargable battery offer. Now, I'm
looking to get some so I was wondering if anybody did get some from the
earlier (?) offer and found out 'waht the real capacity is'?

I was at Lidl on Monday, so I bought some. Don't.

Barely worth the 1.99 they cost, if you want some very low capacity,
cheap cells.

So, with a week's nursing, one of the cells has attained reasonable
performance, subject to the caveat that they probably won't take a
very fast charge (I've been charging at C/5). If someone is using a

So, I think I'll revise my opinion, to 'may get reasonable
performance, if the conditions are right, but I'm not sure what the
right conditions are'. Possibly worth buying for utility use, but I
wouldn't use them in the cold, or high drain loads, or in something
very important.

Blimey, I'm impressed! I'm happy to say that illness struck and cycling
across Reading (and worse, along Oxford Road) wasn't on the cards. So I
didn't get any and am saved, since we only own a cheap charger.

The conclusion, perhaps, of this tale is to spend on a decent set of
batteries; I can only say that the set I bought some time ago from
Budget Batteries (and not a brand I recognise, nor one they seem to
sell any longer) has served me very well in the LED light they go in.
In fact, they are in better condition than the light itself!

Ali