Old November 18th 04, 01:58 AM
Scott Ehardt

Default my bike got ripped off.

"Ken [NY]" wrote in message
Police would say that if they were not given a serial number
for their report.
One tip here from a retired law enforcement officer - get an
engraving tool and scribe your drivers license number on the bike
where it can easily be seen. Reason for this - if a cop stops someone
even at 3 am with your bike, all they have to do is run the number on
their radio or computer, and bring the bike and the perp back to where
you live, probably before you are aware that it is stolen.

Hrm... when I had my bike stolen I did not have the serial number recorded
but I did have my license number engraved on it. The police said they were
unable to enter it into their database based on that.

--
Scott Ehardt
http://www.scehardt.com