Old June 1st 16, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Squirrel!

On Mon, 30 May 2016 13:17:37 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I see. I've always refereed to them as "tubes" of paper cups.

Pretty much the same idea. I wonder whether "sleeve" is unique to me
.. . . but I picked it up from a fellow who worked in the kitchen when
he was in college. Maybe I *will* post the topic in A.U.E.; it would
make a pleasant change from folks wasting their time (and my
post-skipping energy) responding to our resident troll.

I couldn't have said a "newspaper tube"; that's the open-ended box
bolted to a mailbox post or, in our case, the side of the house beside
the north door. Well, we call ours a "newspaper box" but I've seen
newspaper receptacles that I wouldn't hesitate to call "tubes".

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net