Old June 9th 07, 09:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicus

Default Fixed Penalty Charge - for unicycling

Bad luck Spence. I think they may be after you, take a look at
yesterdays news in Nottingham, your other place of residence...

'POLICE VOW ACTION ON PAVEMENT CYCLISTS' (http://tinyurl.com/yvcwu8)

You might have gotten away with just a warning up here - which is what
should have happened anyway as it sounds like you weren't breaking the
'spirit of the law' even if you were technically.

NOTE: ASAIK if an English magistrate forms an opinion such as to
whether a unicycle is or is not covered by these laws they will not set
a precedent. To do that an appeal on a 'point of law' would have to be
taken to a higher court and a decision made there. Though in all
honesty I think most people would have the opinion that a unicycle is a
cycle and is covered by existing laws.

--
unicus

'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)