Old October 26th 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bob

Default Blinding Oncoming Cyclists With Strobe LEDs, Is This The Best Way?

On Oct 25, 4:27 pm, "rms" wrote:
Hi, I've noticed that LED strobe headlights are incredibly effective at
neutralizing oncoming bike traffic into quaking fear, so they grip the
handlebars for dear life as I zoom past laughing, safe in the knowledge that
their eyes won't regain nightvision for several minutes.

But are there improved versions available? Perhaps LED strobes tuned to
specific seizure-inducing frequencies that will cause all brain function to
cease, or headlamps that can be pointed directly into the face? Roadies Who
Own The Night need to know. It's a constant battle to maintain supremacy
out there on the mean bikepaths.

rms

You poor troll, you. True "roadies" ride on the *road*. That's where
the name originates.