Old September 8th 17, 04:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Taya Chain

On Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 6:58:42 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums.../t-335969.html
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...-identify.html
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...placement.html
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Engine/chains.htm

Doug - those were not plastic gears. It was a COATING that could peel off and cause problems. Mostly they plugged the oil system.

I'd be careful blaming jumped timing on the coating. Tearing through the gears drag racing would beat the timing gears to death and this normally caused the timing gear failures. I've seen a tooth broken off and the jackass still driving it with Lord only knows how the gears would work.