Old September 12th 17, 08:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default program to compute gears, with table

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 06:00:09 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Many times he asks a question then disagrees
with what those experts like Andrew who know
the RIGHT answer tell him.

So let's hear it, why do Shimano put such
obvious disinformation on their product boxes?

Because, as Andrew told you, it will fit. On the other hand, as Andrew
told you, if a 6 speed it won't shift well.

I might add that I have used a 10 speed chain with a 9 speed cassette
and a 9 speed chain with a 10 speed cassette, and they worked to my
satisfaction although Shimano certainly do not state it will work on
the box.
--
Cheers,

John B.