Old June 23rd 05, 06:44 PM
Craig Brossman

Dave B. wrote:
I am somewhat afraid of posting this because I just read 30 minutes of
posts that tore people to shreads regarding their size but hopefully 1
person that knows something will respond. I started this year at about
500 pounds and right now am about to break the 400 pound mark. I would
like to get a bike but am not sure exactly what I should look for. I
thought that a recumbent really looked like the bike for me (except for
the price) and then I have recently seen these comfort bikes. Are
there bikes that out there that can safely support my weight? and if
so, why type of frame etc should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Dave,
Go to the local bike shop (LBS) and talk with them. It is not unlike any
other major purchase, it may be more important to like and feel
comfortable with the folks you buy from, then the bike particulars.
Especially when you are a beginner. Just make sure they know your
interest and level and you feel good about thier ability to provide
service after your purchase.

Everyone here can provide all sorts of advice, but when you have a
problem, concern or issue, your friendly neighborhood LBS can actually
do something about it.

Oh, and congrats on your weight loss efforts, and your continued effort.
I have more respect for folks like you on bikes than I do folks like me,
because I know it is easier for me all the way around (6'2", 175lbs).

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."
Edward R. Murrow