Old May 28th 08, 01:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
recycled[_2_]

Default Is New Bike Lust...

wrote in message
...inversely or directly correlated to miles ridden?

For me, the more I ride the less apt I am to get The Fever. Others
report the opposite-- more miles = more desire for the latest and
greatest ride (as defined by their personal criteria).

To a certain extent. Though I think it plateaus.

Having just gone through a new bike purchase and taken my longest ride this
past weekend I think the tipping point in the shopping process occurs:

'When test rides have been taken'.

After that the purchase is a forgone conclusion. It's just a matter of
which model size type and accessories.

Getting to know your new bike... not to anthropomorphize... but it's like
getting to know a new girlfriend.