Old May 10th 19, 03:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default New Italian Gear Train

On Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 1:24:20 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/9/2019 2:02 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, May 6, 2019 at 6:29:13 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/ingri...peed-groupset/

I find it irritating that nothing else will match the Campy levers to a rear derailleur. It is $500 for a Campy 10 speed rear derailleur with a medium length cage. If I didn't like the levers so much I would change to something else. I like being able to shift 4 or 5 gears at a time.

Your hub supports Campagnolo 11 and changing to current
Ergos with 11~32 uses the new short changer. You can change
4 gears lower with one pass but higher gears are one per
click. There are other nice features as well. Upgrading when
your cassette & chain are at replacement anyway is not all
that expensive.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Andrew - Do I understand you to say that I can shift a 32 with a normal cage 11 speed rear derailleur?

Because it is so difficult to find 10 speed components and because Campy stops making spares the moment that they begin making a new generation of parts the only thing I would be worried about is Campy shortly changing to 12 speeds.