Old August 22nd 19, 12:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AK[_2_]

Default Name of screw that holds the rear brake cable

On Wednesday, August 21, 2019 at 6:25:43 PM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 11:42:06 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 8/20/2019 8:44 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 8/20/2019 8:11 PM, AMuzi wrote:

That just happened to me Saturday. "I've looked
everywhere for..."

"Simplex 503. $1.95"

Or $199.00 elsewhere, I see:
https://www.ebay.com/i/113775529548
Maybe it wasn't exactly the same?

Aha! We have several libraries here. Found it!
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...t/simplex1.jpg
See penultimate item near bottom of page.

Look what I found in one of my junk boxes. Simplex 637P and 637NI
front derailleurs:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/bicycles/Simplex-derailleur.jpg
Notice that the two derailleurs are slight different. They were
probably left-over from upgrading 1960's Peugeot bicycles in the
distant past. I have no idea why I saved them. Make me rich and
they're both yours. No extra charge for the dirt and rust.
https://www.bikeboompeugeot.com/Parts%20and%20Accessories/Parts%20&%20Accessories.htm

Methinks if I dig deeper into the junk box, I might find the original
Simplex front derailleurs and other parts and pieces.

I didn't think anyone would pay $200 for Simplex parts, but apparently
there is a demand and some sales. Sold Simplex derailleurs on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=simple+derailleur&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complet e=1
I guess I should upgrade the name of my junk box to "unsorted vintage
components".

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

I find it quite humorous that a few here start an argument over what a part is called. :-)

Andy