Old November 9th 04, 08:22 PM
rhnb

Well personally I'd go self guided.
Think of all the food and wine and bike bits you can buy for $2k

I'm assuming the $2-3k includes your air fare from somewhere a long way
away?
If not, I'm getting into the cycle tour business ;-))

I've done 4 self-guided tours in Italy.
See http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk for info on those.
If I only had a week, I think I'd either head for somewhere around
Orvieto/Pitigliano
(Umbria/Southern Tuscany) or the Marche region.

Cheeers... Allan.
~~~
http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm
Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of...
Cycling Before Lycra

magicant2000 wrote:
Been doing some research online, but wanted to know if anyone had
first hand experience with any cycling tours through Italy. Looking
for nice countryside, medium to difficult riding and a one week
itinerary in April. Cost in the $2k - $3k range. Self-guided is okay,
but if there are groups, you've had a great time joining I'd love to
hear about them.

I've seen a lot of websites and ads, so I'd like to hear some
un-biased feedback from anyone who cares to share.

Thanks!