Old November 29th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Default carbon fiber/aluminum frame

unicyclerman;1139973 wrote:
thanks for all your thoughts I have put much thought into the frame
cracking and have considered putting a thin alu tube over the carbon to
protect it. but I have been assured we don't need it and it will be
strong enough, though I myself am skeptical but I trust the people who
engineer race engines for a living know what they are talking about.
also the cnced alu piece will be slim and cut for weight reduction and
will have a strong I-beam shape . this is more of a street/flat frame
than a natural trials frame. I will get some drawings up and hopefully
pics soon. about other sizes of frame I can do anything you want really
as long as the spacing between the bearrings is the same. I don't think
I can make a muni frame if you are using a fatty tire however. I can
also make any length long neck which it seams a lot of you want specific
lengths.

Depending on the crown shape, it sounds like it would make a beauty
freestyle frame.

The other thing that people could do, is slip chain guards over the
legs. Relatively light weight, and would definitely protect it from a
fair amount of wear and tear. That being said, I still don't think I
would trust it as a trials or street machine for that long. It seems
like it would be a sweet competition frame, but kind of precious for
everyday use. That is what Ti is for!

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)