Old December 1st 10, 12:13 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Why Is the Supply of IDIOT Mountain Bikers ENDLESS???

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
Both Mr. Vandeman and I are well acquainted with what mountain bikers
do and say. Why you defend them is a mystery to me since you

I'm gonna say this for the last time, Vandeman doesn't care where
mountain bikes are operated _as long as_ it is on the highway. If there
is dirt involved, Vandeman is against it.

Say it as often as you please, that doesn't make it true. Forestry fire
roads are ideal for mountain bikes. Hiking trails are not.

Says YOU, but not Vandeman. That's the point. I agree with you on this
one, but Vandeman does not. He is not your ally, he is your adversary.

Once a road is established, no matter how primitive, you no longer have a
wilderness.

He doesn't give a rat's ass about your piddly little complaints of
"hiking trails." When he gets his dream of tires off of the dirt, he'll
come after your boots next.

Mr. Vandeman does not want you driving your jeep off road. Neither do I.
Other than that, I don't know what you are talking about.

You don't know, or don't want to know? Pull your head out of your ass and
look around at the many works of Mr. Vandeman. His own words are that you
should sit at home on the couch and only go to a museum to see a display
of what the wilderness looks like.

Nonsense!

Vandeman is all about gates and fences to keep everybody out all of the
time. That is his agenda. Period. It is not your agenda, as far as I can
tell.

Mr. Vandeman and I want everyone to enjoy wilderness, but on its own terms,
i.e., on foot. No contrivances whatsoever! The only one here who needs to
pull his head out of his ass is you. It is OK for you not to like someone,
but it is not OK to misrepresent his position.

One further point. Mr. Vandeman obviously is not here to defend himself.
Your continued attacks on him are unseemly and mark you as no gentleman.
Have you no shame?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka