Old December 1st 10, 01:30 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Edward Dolan

Default Why does Tom Sherman change subject headings?

"Jeff Strickland" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

That's a good question. I gotta go with the hikers first because
Vandeman's issue is that rubber and dirt are a bad mix. Hoofs, as bad he
says they are, are an otherwise natural combination once the human
element is removed.

I much prefer to hike trails where there are no horses. They can ruin
hiking trails just as much as jeeps can. Ideally horses would have their
own trails apart from those of hikers. If a hiker wanted to hike a horse
trail, that would be OK, but horses would be forbidden on hiking trails.

YOU should have your own trail. That would solve everything. YOU are the
misfit around here that can't get along with anybody else. Of course, you
have spent your life in seclusion and solitude without benefit of a good
wife and a house full of kids, it's no wonder you are a social outcast.
Indeed, you are not an outcast per se, because you are not thrown out, you
refuse to come in.

YOU need to learn how to get along.

I get along just fine with other single hikers and other single cyclists. I
do not like groups of hikers or groups of cyclists or groups of anything.
People are at their worse when part of a group.

Women are a special breed of human and it takes way too much of an
investment of time and energy for me to ever waste any of either on them.
The reason why I am Great (and you aren't) is because I spend all of my time
contemplating the eternal verities. To tell the truth, I really only like to
commune with the eagles on high mountain tops.

It is easy to be liked and to get along with others. Just be agreeable. I
respect Mr. Vandeman because he has chosen a hard way. He is NOT agreeable
and he does NOT care about getting along with others when matters of grave
importance are at stake. He is a crusader, I am not.

By the way, no man ever needs kids. That is a woman thing. A man is a fool
to want what he does not need.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka