Old January 18th 18, 03:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default combination spanners with different inclinations

AMuzi wrote:
:On 1/17/2018 9:59 PM, David Scheidt wrote:
: Emanuel Berg wrote:
:
: :With programming, one can do a tool which for
: :the specific purpose is superior to anything
: :else in the world, be it commercial or free of
: :charge. (Programming is of course a tool to do
: :just that, but nevertheless.)
:
: :But with mechanical tools, I don't think
: :I could ever make a tool that is superior to
: ne which I can get cheaply from Crooks"R"Us.
: :And if it would be, the difference wouldn't be
: ne I would notice or one that would motivate
: :all the time spent on it.
:
: You haven't spent much time in a workshop, then.
: Shop made tools are nearly universal, to solve unique problems that
: come up in that shop. I've made wrenches to fit stuff (out of bar
: stock, mostly, but once for a plastic pipe cap, out of plywood), two
: pin spanner wrenches, countless presses (including some to use on
: bikes), and all sorts of piece holding fixures or templates. I've
: modified wrenches (usually grinding them thinner).
:
:

:+1
:One may buy specialty wrenches, but this $35 thing is easily
:duplicated with a 99c sale bin wrench and an acetylene torch:

:http://www.classicchevy.com/assets/c...sku/49-132.jpg

A similar tool, that didn't come out of the 99c bin:
https://imgur.com/8CvfsbA
quarter for scale.

--
sig 49