Old November 14th 14, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default Can't We All Just Get Along?

I also could be posting thousands of articles about

how bikers are ruinning wilderness trails for hikers, but they all tend to have
a sameness about them just like your list of comments.about urban conflicts. A
scoundrel like Blackblade does not care for true life stories or comments from
pedestrians. He prefers to put his faith in meaningless numbers. That is because
he is a lout and does not care about how he effects others.

No, Ed, you can't post thousands of articles or even complaints; I challenged you on this a while ago and you failed. You claimed that, in Marin, there were thousands of reports of conflict between bikers an hikers. Funnily enough, when it came down to it there were a small handful.

I'm fine with stories and comments but, unless you put them into context, they are worthless. If one person in a thousand feels something do they get to dictate to the other nine hundred and ninety nine ? That's not right.

I have said, repeatedly, that I will compromise precisely because I do care about others. You, on the other hand, would happily disenfranchise all mountainbikers ... so who is the selfish individual who doesn't care about their effect on others. Shame on you.

Well, it's my first time posting here. As a mtn biker in New

England,
I belong to HEMBA (New England Mtn Bike Assn). It sponsors a Bike
Patrol that receives first aid training (ARC certified). Each
patroller
carries first aid AND a desire to maintain some level of civility
and courtesy on the trails.

No matter how civil and courteous you are on a trail,

you do not belong there unless you are walking. Hikers resent the hell out of
you for being there on a bike.

What Ed means is that HE resents the hell out of you for being there on a bike. Most hikers don't care at all as long as you are courteous and don't inconvenience them. Ed considers the mere presence of a bike as "Mental Torture" ... so you're not going to get a proportionate response from him.

I believe about ten or more years ago that Curtis Sliwa formed a

citizen's group to fight crime. I do not have all the details, of
its success so please don't pounce.
Mtn bikers often ride with mini-cams. Why not consider a group of

riders
who carry personal mini-cams? I'm sure one lawyer in NYC and
elsewhere
would probably appreciate some audio/video evidence. :-)

Just my two cents ... most likely won't reply for a few weeks

too much anger here ....

The only anger here is occasioned by the world's

number one Asshole who goes by the moniker of Blackblade.

Ah, Ed, increasingly choleric. I had no idea I was able to engender such a reaction simply by sticking to facts and logic.

This jackass is from
England which right there ****es me off. I don't think they have any true
wilderness there except maybe in the outer reaches of Scotland.

Ah, Ed, again with the flawed thinking. Rather than just spouting why don't you actually bother to check first ? Then you wouldn't look like an idiot. There are many national parks in the UK.

Interestingly, in one sense you are right in that Scotland has the most acreage of such parks ... and they are probably more untramelled too. However, Scotland also has 'Right to Roam' legislation which means you can hike and ride it all too.